The City of Lima approved a Portable On Demand Storage (PODS) ordinance on October 10, 2022. The PODS ordinance applies to residential properties in the City of Lima. The ordinance requires residents to acquire a 30 day permit for the use of a PODS on residential property. Only two permits may be issued to a property over a 12 month period, unless the property has a change in ownership or tenancy. The permit can be obtain from the City of Lima at the Municipal Building, 50 Town Square, Second Floor. The 30 day permit costs $60.00 and a 15 day extension can be purchased for $20.00.
- Units cannot exceed 8’ x 8’ x 20’ and 160 square feet
- 30 day permit required, a 15 day extension available if needed
- 30 day permit costs $60, 15 day extension cost $20.
- A residence can only have two permits per 12 months.
- PODS should be placed on an improved surface, preferably to the rear or side of the principal structure.
- Typical information to be provided at the time of permit application includes placement location of the PODS on the property, Drop off and removal dates, PODS provider and contact information.
For more information please refer to City of Lima Ordinance 224-22 or contact the Buildings Department at 419-221-5243.
Link to the Engineering Page