Request to the Mayor
Thank you for contacting the Office of Mayor Berger. In an effort to expedite your request, we ask that you review the forms of communication below and fill out the following FORM. A representative of the Mayor's Office will contact you shortly. Thank you!
Mayor Berger appreciates invitations or requests for meetings. However due to his schedule, he is not always able to attend every event he is invited to. To request the Mayor’s presence at an event, please email Courtney Parent at email@example.com with the following information:
- Date and time of the Event
- Is this a speaking engagement and if so, length of speech
- Details of the event, such as what type of event
- Location of the event
- Your name, the name of your organization and contact information
MAYORAL CORRESPONDENCE FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS
Thank you for your interest in requesting a greeting from Mayor, David Berger. The Mayor’s office receives and processes all requests in accordance with established guidelines. Please carefully review the guidelines below prior to submitting your request. Requests that do not comply with the guidelines or do not contain sufficient information cannot be fulfilled.
MAYORAL CORRESPONDENCE GUIDELINES
The Mayor’s Office will send a correspondence for special occasions as outlined below.
All correspondence will be mailed from the Mayor’s Office.
Guidelines for some of our most commonly requested greetings are as follows:
- Welcome Letters – if you're organizing a conference, family reunion or other large gathering in the City of Lima, consider requesting a letter from the mayor to thank them for their visit.
- Retirement Greeting – available for 20 years of service or longer.
- Birthday Greeting – Available to Lima civilians celebrating their 80th (or greater) birthday and veterans celebrating their 70th (or greater) birthday.
- Wedding/Civil Union Anniversary - celebrating 50 (or greater) years of marriage/civil union.
- Member of Clergy Anniversary - celebrating 20 years of service or longer.
LETTER OF SUPPORT
Organizations seeking a Letter of Support from the Mayor’s Office to accompany a grant application can submit a request online by using the form below.
Consideration will be given to organizations requesting a Letter of Support for worthwhile causes.
LETTER OF SUPPORT GUIDELINES
All requests for a letter of support from the Office of the Mayor should be sent several weeks in advance. A draft Letter of Support must be provided with the request. Requests are reviewed by the Mayor using an evaluation rubric on a monthly basis. If necessary, a follow up meeting may be scheduled to further discuss the project. Please allow the appropriate amount of time for approval of a letter of support in your project planning timeline.