Lima Municipal Court
- 03-01-2021 Amended Entrance Protocol
- 03-01-2021 Order Declaring A Judicial Emergency And Continuity Of Operations Of The Court Due To COVID-19 Pandemic - Supplemental And Cumulative
- UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE OR AS STATED IN THE ORDER:
- Evictions and move-outs will no longer be stopped due to the CDC moratorium in light of the federal court’s decision in Skyworks LTD. v. Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (Case No. 5:20-cv-2407) (N.D. Ohio 2021) that the CDC moratorium extension was unlawful. Loss of income due to COVID-19 will no longer be a valid defense to an otherwise lawful eviction.
- SEE THE FULL ORDER ABOVE FOR MORE DETAILS.
Municipal Court Jurisdiction
The Lima Municipal Court handles traffic, criminal, and civil matters originating in Allen County, Ohio.
At the Court House
Parking is located across Union Street between the Allen County Health Department and the bus station. A parking meter is located at the West side of these parking lots.
Notes of Interest
- Do you have a legal issue, and you don’t know what to do? Ohio Legal Help is a website built to help anyone in Ohio navigate the legal system. It helps with step-by-step legal information, court forms and community resources that are available in your area. It’s free for all Ohioans. Get started today by clicking the Ohio Legal Help icon below.
- WARNING: If your ticket indicates “Distracted Driving” (or similar language) in the remarks section, you must either pay an additional, mandatory fine of $100.00 online now or submit written evidence to the Clerk’s Office that you have completed a distracted driving safety course as defined in R.C. 4511.991, within thirty (30) days from the date you received your ticket. This two-hour online course is available at: www.drivertraining.ohio.gov Opens a New Window. . Failure to pay the additional fine or submit written evidence of completing the distracted driving safety course may result in a forfeiture of your driving privileges. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk’s Office at (419) 221-5275. The Clerk of Court has prepared a document titled Instructions for the Distracted Driving 101 Course to help with the process.
- Important Information Concerning Jury Fraud Opens a New Window. . Lima Municipal Court will never call to ask for your private information. If you have questions about this or receive this type of call, please call the Court at (419) 221-5275 and ask for Lisa Deters, Court Administrator.
- Effective June 1, 2017:
If you are delinquent on paying your fines and/or court costs and you do not have a payment plan with our office that you are in compliance with, then your account may be turned over to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles for imposition of a license forfeiture and registration block. This is in addition to your account being turned over to Capital Recovery Systems, Inc. (the official collection agency for The Lima Municipal Court since January 1, 2014).
Bureau of Motor Vehicles, IRP/Deter Unit
Capital Recovery Systems, Inc.
This will cause your driver’s license to be suspended, prevent you from getting / renewing your license plates / titling a vehicle, and turn you over to a collection agency!
Don’t let these things happen to you! Come to our office immediately with your payment and if needed, to discuss a payment plan for all of your outstanding fines and court costs.
Location: 109 N. Union St (1st Floor), Clerk’s Office, Lima, OH 45801
(419) 221-5275, option 1 + option 1